Wednesday, August 26, 2020

A prim finish.

 I love to cross stitch, needlework. handwork, calms me. Whether I'm stitching on a cross stitch project, or sewing a binding down on a quilt, I seem to be happiest with a needle in hand.
I have many, many large projects that I rotate through, but I also need that gratification of a finish, so I stitch a lot of smalls as well. 

And then I get to enjoy working on them all over again when it is time to finish (FFO) them.

This was one a I stitched up one evening last November. I had purchased a few silver plate pieces at one of my local thrifts, a month or 2 before, and was looking for a small enough piece to stitch for one, without stitching 1 over 1. 
Then I was at the thrift again and came across this chart from Homespun Elegance. It came with the little thread stand, but I wasn't ready to stitch the design I want to put on that, so I chose this one.



A little vintage seam tape and some poly-fil and I had a perfectly prim pyn cushion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I wish I could say that this has been a productive week for more prims, but it hasn't. I had a few bag orders that needed to be complete...